Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pear-tinis and Molten Chocolate Cake

Well, since I was forced to spend 10 days in Boston for work I made sure to make a trek down to Hartford where I was able to see Heather Wilson, her husband Jeremiah, and their adorable puppy Raleigh.

We enjoyed a nice dinner and stroll through West Hartford and most especially chatting and catching up in person! Mitch is a great hostess! I also really liked visiting their church and was so glad to see that they have such a nice fellowship to be part of. (Picture of Mitch with her Pear-tini and me with my ??? I forgot)

Raleigh is now officially my favorite dog - if he had a brother then I think I would adopt him myself. I have my mind made up that when I don't have to travel for work anymore then I will get a red toy poodle just like him. And maybe I will even purposely get him "the bad haircut" that Mitch kept complaining about. I thought it was adorable!

So that is a picture of me with Raleigh.



I was also able to spend a nice lunch with Leslie Kjosa Sutro. I have some of my earliest memories playing with her when my family first moved from MI to WI when I was 2 1/2. She and Laura were the same age so growing up she was considered my "sister's friend" but it is a good thing I have such a nice big sister who is willing to share everything even her friends! Leslie and I had a nice time catching up and she was happy to have an excuse to escape the pile of boxes from their recent move. I didn't get to meet Madeline (who is already 2) or see Andrew but hopefully next time I'm in Boston that will work out.




Last but not least I got to spend an evening and dinner with Janice and Jeremy John. Little Micah is so cute and warmed up to me immediately! I didn't get my camera out before her bedtime so I missed my opportunity to get a picture with her . . . but Janice wasn't too upset since Micah has two black eyes from bonking her head on the coffee table. Jeremy made us a fantastic dinner and also gave me a good lesson on caring for houseplants - especially my orchids. Janice too is a great hostess and made an amazing Molten Chocolate Cake for desert - definitely memorable. It was so fun catching up with both of them. I was bugging Janice to send out an update soon too but it was such a blessing for me to catch up with her in person.


4 comments:

Crafty P said...

Well, Sarah, let me be the first to welcome you to the blogging world!

Welcome!

How fun to see pics of Mitch and Janice and Jeremy!!! So cool that you were able to visit with them.

Keep up the blogging... it's fun.

Vileation Nation said...

Oh boy, I LOVE that you've got a blog going! And the world traveling continues, eh? Fabulous!

I'm working on overcoming my phone phobia. I'm working on a new strategy of "more frequent, less duration." Shall we try it out this weekend perhaps? I owe you a huge apology for not calling, I'm trying to overcome.

And really the only person who loses here is me since I had NO IDEA that you were gallavanting all over Europe and New England!

Love you and love the cute title of your blog!

Amy

(Also love seeing Christina's comments pop up all over blog world!)

O'Connor & Sedaris said...

Hey Sarah, Very cute blog!! Great photo of you :)

Come visit us in Indy sometime!!!

Miss you.

-Sarah B.

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah.
I am slack in the blogging world having no clue about it. It's great to be able to catch up on you though. Look forward to more.
Angie