Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More about Asparagus

Well I figured I better at least try to find out a little bit more about my blog mascot. So yes I discovered the Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board. There is much to read there that is quite fascinating about one of my favorite vegetables but here are two that you might want to know yourself.

1) It is one of the healthiest vegetables and contains a very high amount of folic acid (you may have heard about this vitamin as crucial for pregnancy).

2) Urine smells funny after eating asparagus becuase one of the important amino acids (protein building block) in asparagus contains sulfer. As your body digests this amino acid the sulfer is released.

1 comment:

Crafty P said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to sleuth out the answer to my question.

We love asparagus over here and usually roast it in the oven and set all our smoke alarms off! it's quite humorous!