Monday, April 7, 2008

Lost Underwear

On Saturday I was on my way to Chicago and was very much enjoying our warm spring weather (it was 68!!!) My sun roof was open and the sunshine was warm on my hair. I sort of heard this odd sound but thought to myself . . . well that is just the wind and I am LOVING it!

But then at a red light I heard more of a grinding sound. Oh boy, this can't be good.

Then I see some passenger in a truck looking down at my front wheel. I thought OH NO I can't have a flat tire! It now had become a grinding sound and I could just imagine sparks flying and my engine falling out of my car (yes I am hypochondriac when it comes to cars). Grinding is never a good thing when it comes to cars.

I pulled over, thankfully at a gas station and proceeded to check all my tires. All of them were fine.

As I looked in the wheel well I saw that something wasn't quite right. It was pulled a littled forward. So then I looked father UNDER my car and saw that something was hanging down. I got someone to help me and he actually laid down on the pavement and said that the bottom engine covering not only came detatched but was also torn in two.

Yes so here it is! My car lost its underwear. It's getting a new one put on today - phew. I wouldn't want it to be too breezy under there.
Okay, Happy Monday.

2 comments:

Christensen 5 said...

We are so glad you were not hurt in the adventure. I am so glad you had warm weather to enjoy.

Kevin and Amy said...

Well thank God. I was SURE you were going to find your own underwear stuck under there after you asked someone to help you get it out! Horrifying.

Glad you're okay and glad the car is getting a new undergarment immediately!