Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blog Neglect

Okay, so it has been FOREVER since I have updated my blog. Life has been busy and mostly because I was coaching a high school lacrosse team. The girls were so quick at picking up the sport and the team had good cohesive chemistry. It was the first year and yet my JV team was the conference champions! So cool.And work has been busy because my co-worker and friend Rebecca is getting married and moving to Germany so I am supporting her Advanced Neurology software project. It has been interesting to say the least. Here we are making cookies on her birthday - she had just flown in from out of town so it was a spontaneous dinner turned into baking and talking all night.

So here is a picture of the MRI scan I volunteered for. This is a fusion of a 3D anatomical scan and the Diffusion Tensor Image (DTI) that was used for 3D fiber tracking. This particular structure is the Corpus Callosum which connects the right and left hemispheres of the brain.

For all this Neuro stuff I had a one day trip to Chicago where the AANS (American Association of Neuro Surgeons) meeting was taking place. I took the opportunity to get together with my cousin Kerry Gill for dinner. It was so fun to see her and hear first had about her engagement story and all the upcoming wedding plans.

And then over Memorial Day my mom and I spent a long weekend in West Palm Beach, FL with our family friend Mary Allen. She has cancer and is recovering a bit from being in the hospital. It was great to see her and help her cook, clean, grocery shop, and just in general encourage her to keep her eyes on the Lord during this trial.

The following weekend My mom, sister Laura, and I drove to Indianapolis for Kerry's bridal shower. Here is a picture of all the cousins - Madeline, Kathleen, Kerry (with Madeline's daughter Maya), Amy, me, and Laura.

And here is a picture of all the aunts - Aunt Carol, mom, Aunt Mary Joyce, Aunt Patty.

I also got the chance to see my friend Sarah and her new baby Archie! So cute! And Mike and Sarah love being parents so that is exciting.

It was also super exciting to see Lisa for a quick visit when she came down from Duluth. This is a picture of Heather, Mandi, Lisa, and me.Her puppy Dudas also came down and we figured out that his eyes look like light bulbs when you use a flas at night!



And my Bible study group just finished the book of Romans which was such a huge accomplishment given that it was 119 lessons! So of course we went out to dinner to celebrate. It is always fun to be with Kelly, Kim (baby on the way!), and Erin. So basically that is what has been going on these past 6 weeks . . .

2 comments:

Christensen 5 said...

It is so nice to see your updates. I miss you. We will be in WI in 2 weeks. I will email you to see a date so you can meet Derek our little rock star.

Kevin and Amy said...

Well this explains a lot...I wondered why you were MIA from the blog and now I totally understand!!! Looks like life is EXTREMELY busy right now, but with all fun stuff!!! You are looking sun-kissed and gorgeous and just radiant all around! Glad to hear you've been having lots of friends and family time...the amount of relationships in your life is amazing!

Anyway, glad to hear from Avocados and Asparagus, I was suffering symptoms of withdrawal. My brain wasn't looking nearly as healthy as the one in your picture (was that a healthy brain? I don't even know!)