Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Visit to the United Arab Emirates

Well I am still here but I figured while Amy was making dinner and Brad was playing with Ally I would just go ahead and start this update from the United Arab EmiratesWe found some Crocks that fit Kaitlyn . . . but she only needs one.Here is the adorable Kellogg family in Dubai. Brad is holding Kaitlyn (nicknamed KK by her sister - hmmm she takes after her mother Amy KK!) and Amy is holding Aleksa (called Ally most of the time)This might just be my favorite picture of the trip so far. Ally is a really good eater and pasta is her favorite food. I almost could not eat my own lunch because she was just so cute eating this! (Mitch this is at Madinat Jumeira where you and Jeremiah stayed).This is me skiing - so crazy that there is such a thing as indoor skiing - I was laughing pretty hard when I saw the exit sign at the top of the slope.I was painting with Ally and told her to go wash out her things in the sink. At first I couldn't find her but then realized she has her own special "sink" in UAE.This is me in front of the Emerates Palace (a 7 star hotel) in Abu Dhabi. Amy thought she lost me and I thought she was ignoring me but really it was just a delay in text messaging - phew I am safe.Me and Amy in front of the building where she and Brad lived in Abu Dhabi.Kaitlyn is SOOO CUTE. I love holding her and stealing her from her parents but then I feel bad that I am hogging her - but I can't help it.Ally and I were playing in this indoor Chucky-Cheese-type thing in one of the many malls (seriously there are more malls here than anywhere else in the world).This is me in Bastika - a Cultural Understanding area of Dubai that has been re-created to help visitors learn about the area. It was fun to wander around.Brad and KaitlynAlly and I had popcorn/movie night (while Brad and Amy went to youth group at church).A trip to Oman! This was very fun today. Here is Amy and Kaitlyn.Brad and Ally swimming - the water was cold but felt great.Me climbing through rock.Another cute Kellogg family picture.Ally putting Brad down for a nap . . . some things never change.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

now THAT's what I'm talking about!! Everyone looks great :-) Wish I were there with you guys!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing trip! I love seeing that cute family. I'm amazed at ally's pasta eating. And skiing? Really? Wow. What a place.

Christensen 5 said...

I love the pictures. Have a great time. You look refreshed. See you at Thanksgiving

Crafty P said...

wow, ally eats just like her momma! i love all the pictures. that is one huge croc!
little kaitlyn is beautiful!
looks like your having an amazing trip, sarah!

Anonymous said...

Oh it looks so fun -- you seem to have just fit right into life in the UAE. I am jealous of your visit! Keep posting pictures and tell the Kelloggs that the Naprawas say Hi.

Kevin and Amy said...

Sarah, this is certainly the BEST blog entry ever! Chock full of pictures and humor and cultural relevance!!! I love the picture of Ally putting Brad down for a nap, fantastic. (And may I say that the picture of you holding Kaitlyn...your eyes are amazing!!!)

The Kellogg family is pretty great...wow, Brad and Amy can make some beautiful little kiddos. And they're looking pretty great themselves! I have no idea how everyone looks so rested, but everyone does!

Hoping that Jake doesn't try to find the same kind of "sink" in our house when he's older!!! Missed you at homecoming!!!!