Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day Sleep Over

Okay, these kids are a hoot! Mike (my brother-in-law) was out of town so Laura, Katie, and David came over for a sleep over. I think this extra long and cold winter in WI is motivating us all to be extra creative for indoor fun.
They had so much fun playing with legos, jumping on my bean bags, throwing things off my loft, playing with a mini soccer ball that has a wrist strap, reading books (Mouse Tales being the favorite)
Amy - NOTE the footie pjs. Yes they are here. Mini ones but they are standing on the toilet so the owner can reach the sink. When I look at this picture I just laugh my head off.
Bed time stories. That book is Mouse Tales and it was my favorite. One mouse wants to go visit his mother so he drives and drives and drives until his car falls apart. But at the side of the road some one is selling roller skates so he skates and skates and skates until the wheels fall off but at the side of the road . . . boots, tennis shoes, and feet. Yes feet - the mouse buys new feet. It is a very silly and fun book. Highly recommended.

The day they left my house my sister asked the kids if they had fun and David promptly shouted YEEEEEES but Katie pouted and said no. Laura asked why. Katie's reply "It wasn't long enough - I wanted to stay a whole week."

Today (3/6/08) I got this thank you note in the mail from Katie who is 5. I love how kids write. And maybe I am just extra emotional from how rough work is right now but I was totally tearing up when I read this. It is my first official letter in the mail with all words and not colored (although I like that too).

No comments: