Friday, October 26, 2007

The tragedy of the smashed ring

The summer of 2002 Bridget and I had a floss-a-thon contest. Even though I won she only missed one day out of the 2 months so I still got her half of her prize - a silver ring. She loved the ring and wore it every day for 5 years until just a few weeks ago when I was abruptly woken up in the middle of the night by a phone call. Bridget was crying and laughing at the same time as she was telling me how her ring rolled out of her lap into a busy intersection. (due to dry hands from her profession as a dental hygenist she was putting lotion on and that is how the ring was in her lap) She watched in sheer horror as a car ran over her beloved ring. She screamed out "NO!" and ran out for an attempted rescue only to find her mangled ring, meanwhile insensative motorists honked and yelled. I tried to console her with a small gift as you can see in the picture.

No comments: