Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wisconsin Winter - Brrrrr

We are not experiencing anything close to a heat wave in WI. This weekend in was below zero Ferenheit! (I am starting to get used to all my European co-workers saying below zero and assuming Celcius . . . which is actually 31 F - MUCH different!) Oh and this morning we have 6 inches of fresh snow. It is pretty I will admit that and I am thankful that my condo gets plowed and I don't have to shovel. But I realized that I don't even own a shovel.


Yes here is a picture of my dashboard and notice temperature. That IS indeed a negative sign!

My garage windows actually look really pretty with all the crystalized ice and then the sun shining through. That is the nice thing about WI winters - at least it is sunny.

I didn't even stay home to hibernate! It was my friend Kim's birthday and her husband pulled off a successful surprise party for her.
I hope you all are staying warm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It is freezing but every once in awhile we are lucky enough to see something beautiful as a result of the weather. I absolutely love the picture of your garage window!

Crafty P said...

brrrrrr, looking at those windows gives me the shivers!

it's a bit chilly here, too, but i hear we're in a for a heatwave next week.. uh, 45 degrees or so! wow!

Megan said...

I read somewhere out your way that school was cancelled b/c of the cold! I don't even want to imagine how cold that must have been!