Friday, June 29, 2007

Small World

Okay, so I can hardly believe that I have been able to see Linnea Wildenradt, Aryn Lentz, Angie Smith, Amy McHenry, and Janice John all in these past two weeks! I suppose it makes it worth the choas of traveling ALL over for work. I guess I need to be super thankful that God knows I needed these extra special little visits to keep me going in the craziness of a traveling career.

However, I also think that it is an incredibly small world and here are three very good reasons.

1) Tuesday, June 19 - Thomas Jefferson University Hospital

I was observing Orthopedic Surgeon Jay Parvizi. We were chatting in the lounge and he mentioned that he spent time at Mayo in Rochester, MN. I asked him if he knew Andy Sems - yes he did.



2) Sunday, June 24 - The Vile's house

I was speaking with George, Kevin's father after Amy's surprise shower. I mentioned how I made a customer visit to HUP (Hospital of University of PA) to meet the new people taking over a project after the young physician had tragically died in his sleep a few weeks ago. Apparently, the daughter of friends of theirs was his wife!



3) Monday, June 25 - Email

I got a follow up email from HUP regarding our project and Abe Voorhees is the scientist from Siemens who will be working with me on this project! We spent two years at Grove City in the engineering program. He transferred to another school and apparently not only finished in engineering but also went on for his PhD. His wife also had their first baby last week Monday otherwise I might have seen him in person while I was in Philly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy girl! I can't believe you've been all these places in, what, a month? Coming to Cleveland anytime soon?

Megan said...

So you know who else lives really close to Philadelphia???? Yours truly! Feel free to pay us a visit anytime you're in the area! It was fun to look through and see all the people you've visited and those you've kept in touch with over the years. Really neat to get a glimpse into their lives...

Crafty P said...

FUn pics, Sarah! Loved seeing all those familiar faces on your blog! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!